Well, we found out yesterday ... it's a BOY!!! I am happy with whatever, as long as it is a healthy baby. Nick feels the same, although he is VERY happy to be getting a son. :) The specialist did a detailed ultrasound, where everything looks great so far. We were able to see his hands, feet, two little ears, kidneys, heart, brain, everything. They say he is about 8 oz. right now. Mommy has gained a lot more than 8 oz.!
During the past week and a half, I believe I have popped. My belly seems to be growing with every new day. :) I will post pictures soon. I am feeling the baby moving now, and am able to definitely tell that it is not gas bubbles anymore. :) I feel him move several times a day, although the movements are still not strong enough for daddy to feel.
As far as the blood results go and the situation with the increased antibodies, it is still the same. My blood was retested and my cardiolipin level did decrease a couple points, but is still in the "borderline" category. The doctors say that I am in a "gray" area and therefore in a difficult situation with knowing what to do. They cannot give us a guideline on what to do, whether to put me on a blood thinner or to do nothing. I am still at a higher risk to have a miscarriage or stillbirth due to the increased levels of cardiolipin possibly causing blood clots around the placenta. And I am not considered a textbook candidate for heparin therapy because my numbers are not in the High risk category and because I've never had a blood clotting event prior to this. Heparin is a serious drug to put myself through and so the doctors are cautioning us on the negative effects that it may have if we decide to do that. And these doctors are not recommending the use of baby aspirin. Ah!, there is so much to explain in this situation, I hope you all aren't totally confused. :) So ... we are still trying to decide what to do. There are lots of things to think about and a lot of praying to do. We hope to decide in the next week which route to take. Although a somewhat scary and frustrating situation, we are continuing to think positively, are trusting that God will help us decide what to do, and are trusting him completely with this pregnancy no matter what happens. Keep us in your prayers if you think about it; we appreciate it!
We haven't started talking about names yet. Now that we know it is a boy, any ideas out there?
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment