Well there you go, for all of you who were getting anxious for some more belly pictures. As you can see, things are definitely progressing. :) We are 33 weeks at this point (these pictures are from 32 weeks), and things are going well so far. We had our OB appointment this week and the doc says everything sounds and looks good. Our next appointment is December 15th and we will have another ultrasound then to see how the baby is positioned and how things are progressing on the inside. They will measure him and make sure he is still growing. I sure hope he is, or else my belly is growing from ... holiday feasting??? :) I have been feeling good, although I am just starting to feel the effects of the extra weight. My back has a permanent "crink" in it, my legs get tired and achy, and it is getting difficult to move around in bed at night. But, it really isn't too bad.
In my last post I wrote that I am finding myself getting winded when I am walking around the schools at work. Well now, I get winded even when I talk! It is embarrassing when I am in a meeting at work giving a report and I have to take a break in the middle just to catch my breath. The baby is moving a lot now, although I feel a lot less of those crazy kicks but feel more crazy movements of body parts instead. I can feel him move his limbs and maybe push on me a little, and his dad and I are having fun playing "guess that body part" when we feel a little bump. :) Once in a while I will still feel an outright kick, but these days those kicks seem like they shake my whole body!
We have started to get the baby's room ready: we bought a crib and a glider/rocker for the room last week, thanks to Grandma/Grandpa Allen, Grandma/Grandpa Mlcek, and some after-Thanksgiving sales. :) So that is making it more exciting to see that and to think of how close his arrival is getting! We still have not come up with any names. That has been a little more difficult than we thought and we sort of just stopped talking about it. There are just too many to choose from out there, and it is a huge decision! My good friend Sarah just had triplet boys this past week and I can't imagine having to choose 3 names when we're having so much trouble with just one! Well, anyway, we have some time yet, and I'm thinking that choice may just have to happen when we finally see our baby boy. I have an extensive list of name suggestions from students I work with at work - there are some great suggestions such as: Sponge Bob, Spider Man, Austin Powers, Batman, Zorro, Merlin, ... etc. Keep in mind I work with mostly young kids in the schools. :) So obviously I am not seriously considering any of these, but I do write them down because I think the suggestions are funny and cute. Ahhh, I love the minds of children ...

No comments:
Post a Comment